- Guest postdoctoral researcher at the Earth Surface Hydrology group at the Department of Physical Geography, Utrecht University
- Juan de la Cierva postdoctoral researcher at the EUSOT (Erosión, Usos del Suelo y Ordenación del Territorio) group, La Rioja University (Spain)
Postal address and coordinates
Department of Physical Geography
Faculty of Geosciences, Utrecht University
3508 TC Utrecht
Tel. +31 (0) 30 253 9229
Fax: +31 (0) 30 253 1145
Email: N.Lana at uu.nl
Willem C. van Unnik Building
3584 CS Utrecht
Room 002 of Zonneveld Wing
Noemí Lana-Renault is a guest postdoctoral researcher at the Earth Surface Hydrology group at the Department of Physical Geography, Utrecht University. Her main research interest is the impact of farmland abandonment on water resources and soil loss in the Mediterranean region. At the ESH group she is working with process-based, spatial-temporal modelling to investigate the changes in the stream flow response due to effect of vegetation recovery in abandoned areas. Noemí received her MSc (2000) and PhD (2008) from Zaragoza University (Spain). She carried out her PhD research at the Instituto Pirenaico de Ecología (CSIC). In 2009 she got a 2 years postdoctoral research contract by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation to work at the Department of Physical Geography at Utrecht University. Currently she is working as a Juan de la Cierva postdoctoral researcher at the EUSOT group at the Department of Human Sciences, La Rioja University in Spain. There she is monitoring a small catchment to study the hydro-geomorphological dynamics of abandoned bench terraced areas, including the reconstruction of the original fluvial network. Noemí is a member of the Sociedad Española de Geomorfología and the International Association of Hydrological Sciences. She is also member of the editorial board of Cuadernos de Investigación Geográfica.
Most recent publications
- Lana-Renault, N., J. Latron, D. Karssenberg, P. Serrano, D. Regüés, M.F.P. Bierkens (2011). Differences in stream flow in relation to changes in land cover: a comparative study in two sub-Mediterranean mountain catchments. Journal of Hydrology, 411: 366-378. DOY: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2011.10.020
- García-Ruiz J.M, Lana-Renault N. (2011). Hydrological and erosive consequences of farmland abandonment in Europe, with special reference to the Mediterranean region – A review. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 140: 317-338. 10.1016/j.agee.2011.01.003.
- López-Vicente, M., Lana-Renault, N., García-Ruiz, J.M., Navas, A. (2011). Assessing the potential effect of different land cover management practices on sediment yield from an abandoned farmland catchment in the Spanish Pyrenees. Journal of Soils and Sediments, 11: 1440-1455. DOI: 10.1007/s11368-011-0428-2.
- Lana-Renault, N., Alvera, B., García-Ruiz, J.M (2011). Runoff and sediment transport during the snowmelt period in a Mediterranean high mountain catchment. Arctic, Antarctic and Alpine Research, 42(2): 213-222. DOI: 10.1657/1938-4246-43.2.213
- García Ruiz J.M, Lana-Renault N., Beguería S., Lasanta, T, Regüés, D, Nadal-Romero, E., Serrano-Muela, P., López Moreno J.I., Alvera, B., Martí-Bono, C., Alatorre, L.C. (2010). From plot to regional scales: interactions of slope and catchment hydrological and geomorphic processes in the Spanish Pyrenees. Geomorphology. 120: 248-257. DOI: 10.1016/j.geomorph.2010.03.038.